BUILDING YOUR OWN HOME
Building your own home can be a great adventure or your greatest nightmare…
As in anything, doing homework is the most important thing. Know and understand the building requirements, codes and laws.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Know your responsibilities as the builder/contractor. As the builder/contractor of your own home, you are held responsible for the same things as a builder would be.
- Know the state laws about construction liability.
- Know the state laws about insurance responsibilities.
- Know the rules about the financing.
- Understand the process – it takes a great deal of time and energy.